I am currently going to Seekonk High School and everyday I see numerous students and teachers innocently destroying our planet. The biggest problem that I see in my school and the entire school district, is the disposal of waste. There are recycle bins in all of the classes and the cafeteria but it all ends up in the trash dumpsters. This is a false sense of security making us feel like we are recycling when it really isn't being recycled. I feel that the entire school needs a composting system, and a working recycle system for plastics, metals, and cardboard. The kitchen could donate the compost to local farms and get fresh produce in return. That would reduce the carbon emissions created from transporting the produce accross long distances and it would promote the use of fresh produce in their cooking to serve the students. If we dispose of all of our waste in a green manner, it could help everybody become much more healthier and obviously slow down the destruction of our planet. I know that my school isn't the only school that has the problem of a financially sound way to dispose of the large quantites of waste created but hopefully something will change...
No comments:
Post a Comment